Google Search Results

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

From The Freezer

I am afraid I will never be a morning person. I would love to wake up, all chipper & cheery, ready to greet the day, but that just isn't me. I'm not really in a bad mood when I was up, but I would really rather sleep a few more hours. I think it would help if I knew I had some place to go.

Usually after I finish up with the blog, even though I'm starving, I still fool around on the computer for another 30 minutes to an hour. Why? I don't know. My smoothie yesterday was mixture of what fruit I had left, some blueberries, strawberries, & a few slices of frozen banana.

It's mostly berries. I usually just throw what I have in a one cup measuring cup. Almost full to full works. I then just add the usual amounts of everything else.

I've been trying to eat food out of my freezer since lately it seems to stay packed. It's had to open the door without something falling out. It seems like everything we buy lately goes in the refrigerator. My refrigerator is pretty much the same as my freezer. I am constantly have to rearrange things to fit something in and I always have to do a clean out before buying groceries or for Sunday dinner leftovers. My vegetable drawer is brimming and what is suppose to be a meat draw usually holds leftovers or extra vegetables. 

I did pretty good eating out of the frig yesterday, though. I had the leftover rice with spinach & tomato as well as the corn out of the frig and a Gardein Chik'n Scallopini to go along with it.

I added a little butter to my corn, but it had melted away while I was taking photos.

I also had a piece of apple cake out of the freezer for dessert. It's really good frozen on a hot day. It's one of those things that will never see the back of the freezer.

You know when you're search for things in the freezer and you find things in the back that you'd completely forgotten about. Well, this won't be one of them.

I need to get a large cooler and really go through my frig and clean out everything that has accumulated. You know all the bottles of sauces & condiments, like jellies, salad dressing & such, that you buy to try, that wasn't really that good or that was passed on to you by someone else because they didn't like it and you didn't either. Well, I think that may be what I'm dealing with, so I may go through and get rid some stuff as badly as I hate throwing stuff out. It needs to be done, I'm afraid.
To make things worse we went to the grocery store. I didn't really need anything except for more yogurt and fruit. I didn't buy anything for the freezer, even though I wanted to. I didn't buy anything for the refrigerator, except the yogurt. So, I did pretty good. 
For dinner, I had Amy's Vegetable lasagna. I had both the light and the regular version. I chose the regular, but after stepping on the scales this morning, I think I should have gone with the light. It was really good though. I was sort of surprised. Amy's usually does better at Mexican type dishes and some of the others I've tried haven't been so good, but this one gets the thumbs up. Hopefully the light version will too. I'll let you know.

I had a slice of everything bread buttered and toasted to go with my lasagna. I thought about a salad but wasn't feeling all that hungry. I guess I should have just done half of the lasagna and bread with a small salad, but you know my salads are never all that small.

The sauce on this was very good. I scraped the sides, lol.

Later I kept craving something sweet, so I was good and just had a gala apple, which was probably a good thing since I now over my weight limit. I usually allow myself to fluctuate a little. It used to be a fluctuation between 1 & 10lbs., but I've been inching forward until lately it's been between 7 & 10, but today was eleven and I've got to get it back into my comfort zone. 

Well that's all folks! On to the rest of my day. Happy Tuesday! I can't wait until this evening. It's Zumba day! Yay!









No comments:

Post a Comment