Google Search Results

Monday, July 04, 2011

Triple Celebration


Good morning! I've got lots of photos from yesterday, food that is and I didn't even get a shot of everything as usual. It seems, I always miss something, actually, I missed several things, but between Mom & Lynda, I got most of it.

Yesterday morning, I had a cinnamon roll for breakfast. I was starving so I ate it while I did yesterday's post; not easy eating a sticky cinnamon roll and typing on the computer, but I managed.

Since I haven't been drinking coffee, I don't even bother getting decaf, but I may have to get some for drinking with cinnamon rolls or whatever.

I had a cup of applesauce after I finished up, since the cinnamon roll wasn't quite enough.


Because, I'd eaten so early, I was starving before time to go to Mom's, so I had a little sample of the Creamy Dill Pasta Salad.

When we got to Mom's, everyone was there. It felt like chaos to me, so much going on at once. My mind didn't know which direction to take. I couldn't focus on anything for more than 2 minutes and I think that was mostly food. We had hamburgers and hotdogs which I didn't get a shot of. We fixed "gourmet" hamburgers, stuffed with cheese and hotdogs for everyone else and I had Veggie Patch veggie dogs. We finally got to try them out on the grill and they did wonderfully. They didn't get tough or balloon up and feel hollow like the Yve's. I was very impressed (It doesn't take much.) Looks like the real thing, huh?

We had baked beans.

Hotdog Chili

Vegetarian chili with beans. It was from a can, Hormel, I think or something like that. It's more like regular chili than hotdog chili, but serves the purpose.

Deviled Eggs

Potato Salad. We had lots of salads, be prepared.

Plain potatoes for picky eaters.

Creamy Dill Pasta Salad


Mom's Macaroni Salad which I didn't get any of. I'm not sure if it was gone or just out of sight when I got leftovers, but I didn't think about it until I uploaded photos.

Bean Salad, which I did get.

Coleslaw

and Grilled Corn



This is my plate. I had both hotdogs, no bun, with mustard, onions, chili & slaw along with corn, potato salad, bean salad, & Italian pasta salad, which was definitely gone when all was said and done. We also thought up another version to try next time, with sun dried tomatoes, feta, pepper, onion, kidney beans, pasta & sun dried tomato vinaigrette. How does that sound?

We had apple cake for dessert....
.....along with birthday cake and ice cream. We were not only celebrating the 4th, but two birthdays as well.

We always have to have candles if for no other reason than to let Lexi blow them out, also you know how fire fighters love to watch the flames.

Ah, the birthday boys/fire fighters, in case you were wondering.

I had a small piece of birthday cake with lemon ice cream which was very good....
....and then I had a small piece of apple cake with coffee which somehow escape the camera. It was a good thing, I got a piece, because this cake was gone when I left. I did get one to take home, but Lucas may get it, since he's not big on birthday cake.

I was so full after all I ate. I didn't want to look at food for a long time. I did have 3 spring rolls much later, which were very good.
We had a good day, a very busy day with lots of good food. Speaking of food, I am going to finish up and get a bite of something shortly. Happy 4th everybody! Have a great day!























2 comments: