Google Search Results

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's For Breakfast

Sleepy as usual. I have the sun to wake me up and the thought that I will be going to get new glasses today to get me going. I've been needing new one, they are very expensive and I assumed it would be quite a while before I could get any, but yesterday, I found a coupon online, 2 complete pair, including bifocals (which I need) for $99. How cool is that? I paid $280 for the ones I have now with insurance. I know they may not be as good quality wise, but if I can see better that will be a plus. Right now I use reading glasses over my glasses to read package directions on my frozen dinners, etc. Fingers crossed that I get the frame shape, I like.

Yesterday I was out of vanilla yogurt. I'd forgotten to pick up more on Sunday, so I had to figure out what to have for breakfast, starving as usual, I picked something quick. I had a piece of apple cake along with a gala apple and some pecans. The cake makes a nice snack, but as a meal, doesn't go very far, so to make it last and make it a little healthier meal, I added fresh fruit & nuts.


I suppose walnuts would have went better, but pecans were what I have and they are my favorite nut.



For lunch I had mostly leftovers from Sunday. I ate 2/3's of a baked potato with cheese & fiesta ranch dip along with frozen stir fry veggies and half and ear of corn cut off the cob dotted with butter and sprinkled with cilantro.

I had plans for just broccoli, but somehow didn't have any in my freezer or at least I wasn't able to find any easily. Usually I have at least 2 bags, but the stir fry was mostly broccoli, so I went with that.

I had dinner early instead of a snack. I had some of the bow tie pasta salad from Sunday also.


Missing my smoothie, I had a milkshake later. I was holding out for yogurt, but couldn't wait any longer. There was just enough vanilla ice cream left for a shake. I added frozen banana slices and a baby spoon full of chocolate milk mix.

I drank it on the way to the store to get yogurt.

We saw a terrible accident on the way home. We didn't see it happen, but it was just shortly after EMT's had arrived. The road was still blocked sort of, debris lying in the road, one car out in the field with the passenger side caved in. Several young people sitting near the ambulances. I think they may have still been working with the car in the field. There were lots of other vehicles, so I didn't notice the other one that must have been involved. Apparently someone had ran the stop sign at just the right wrong time. 

We watched a movie after we got home and DH went to bed. It was called "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie & John Malkovich. It was a long interesting movie, with a pointless ending. I am so far not a big fan of AJ movies, however I had hopes for this one after seeing the trailer. It could have been a great movie with a better ending.


Due to the long movie and my slack on getting my photos uploaded, I was late getting to bed. I think from now on, I will do photos first and reward myself with a movie, if there's enough time left. I'd really love to see a good movie, any suggestions? Happy Tuesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment