Google Search Results

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finally Blueberry Muffins

Well I finally got around to making the blueberry muffins. I used the Multi Muffin Mix recipe + 3/4 C. of blueberries, which didn't knock a dent in what I have, so I guess I will have to freeze some. They turned out very well. They did take a little longer to brown in my oven. I used to complain about my old stove when I started taking longer to bake things, then I finally got a brand new stove and it takes longer in it than in the old stove. I was very disappointed, but I did get the glass top instead of the round burners. The top heats up fast.


The original recipe calls for an additional 2 Tbsp. of sugar for the blueberry muffins, but I think 3 would be better. They were good, but my blueberries were a little tart, so a slightly sweeter muffin would have been better I think. I also added 1/4 c. oatmeal & 1 Tbsp. of ground flax. I spread a little margarine on two of these for breakfast. I was late eating, but it was well worth it.

For lunch, if that's what you can call it, was more or less just snacking. I had one serving of the Lean Cuisine garden vegetable dip with pita bread. It comes with two servings.

You get half a pita and a small cup of the vegetable dip. I was very skeptical about this at first, but decided to try it. To my surprise, it was very good. The pita was soft and not rubbery after heating in the microwave for 15 seconds instead of the 20 it called for.

I used the called for time in heating the dip. I was pretty warm, but not too hot and was very good on the pita bread.

This made a nice snack, but I could have eaten the other one.

I ate the pita and dip while I fixed a few onion rings and that was lunch. Lunch was late also, so I just munched to hold me until dinner.

I had a good dinner though. I fixed a salad with iceberg lettuce and some of the cucumber and tomatoes I gathered from my sad little garden. I also used the last of my orange bell pepper. I had the salad along with a few sweet potato puffs and a MSF Chik'n Griller.

I really like the little sweet potato puff, even better than the fries. You can spice them up a little or just eat them plain. They are great either way.

I just had them plain yesterday with the last of my spicy ranch blown all over my salad. I just love meals that really satisfy me and this was one of them.

After dinner I got started playing games online. (not a good idea) I made the mistake of playing Angry Birds. It's very popular and so I thought I would try it out. I can now see why it is so popular. It's looks very simple, but it is so addictive. I stayed up way too late because of it. I tried putting the games on the Android tablet we have, but they don't work too well on it for some reason, so I played it online in my Chrome browser. The Facebook app sux. It was terrible. Every time it would pop up wanting to post it to FB, it would freeze and I'd have to refresh the page. Sometimes it would show that I'd finished the level  and sometimes I'd have to do it all over again, hence the reason I played the chrome version. I haven't tried it in Firefox and I don't use Internet Explorer. 

I think I will go and have some breakfast and deal with my angry bird issue. I have Zumba tonight, goody. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment