Google Search Results

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Weigh In

Good Morning! I'm not fully awake just yet, but I'm hoping that improves as I type. It sunny & very humid; looks like another sweltering day in the south. It's not even that cool insides unless you compare it to outside. Anytime, I'm not appreciating the a/c enough, I just step outside a few minutes and when I come back in, I'm so much more appreciative.

I think today, I will go ahead and slice up all my bananas and freeze them. My smoothies are so much colder with frozen fruit. I had a Banana Pudding smoothie for breakfast yesterday, with a fresh banana and I think I like them even better with the frozen ones. I thought about throwing in a spoonful of peanut butter, but since my weight has been up, I decided to pass. I haven't weighed in yet, but I'm hoping after yesterday with Zumba and trying to eat a little lighter, I will at least be back within my limit. I'm hoping for 5lbs. under at least, so that I have a little wiggle room before fall food season.


I had my other Amy's lasagna for lunch. This one was the light spinach lasagna and it was good. The regular is of course, better, but that is only to be expected. The thing about the light version that I didn't really prefer was the fact that the spinach was more like a paste than chopped. The sauce was different, but good and the noodles seems a little under cooked compared to the Amy's Vegetable lasagna. I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't just eaten the vegetable lasagna the day before, which was my whole purpose for eating the light the next day. I wanted to be able to compare the two.

After looking at the nutritional values, the vegetable lasagna is about 60 calories more than the light. It has less than half the fat, but it has more carbs,
more sugar and not as much protein.

If you're trying to eat less calories, less fat, then I'd say it is a good option.

Speaking of more sugar, I ate the banana bread trifle that I brought home. I doubt it was low in fat, but it was cool and yummy. It was a little early to be a pre-Zumba snack.

This was my pre-Zumba snack. I tried to go with something a little lighter and less filling. Apple does fill me up, but doesn't stay with me as long as other things.

We had another great workout. We were definitely sweating. I think I need a head band to keep the sweat out of my eyes or at least a handkerchief to wipe with. I think if it gets more intense as we go, I will also need 2 bottles of water.

I had another Amy's dinner when I got home. #1 because it's quick #2 because I need to eat out of the freezer #3 because of portion control


Now my alarm has sounded. It's time to close shop. I haven't weighed in yet this morning, so I'm headed to the scales. Wish me luck. Come back to tomorrow and see how I did. You can subscribe via rss or email or you can follow me on twitter to be notified when I've added a new post. Thanks for taking a look. Happy Wednesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment