Google Search Results

Friday, July 22, 2011

Flax Milk

It's gonna be a hot one today, already at 79 degrees and the sun isn't even out good. It's suppose to get to 99 with a heat index as high as 105. I guess today will be spent inside as usual trying to stay cool, a/c going nonstop. I can't wait to see next months electric bill.

Yesterday morning wasn't quite as warm, I don't think. I managed to stay cool by drinking my usual icy cold smoothie. Lynda gave me some flax milk to try. I put some in my smoothie yesterday. I couldn't tell the difference. I have to work up to new things though. I'm not a big fan of regular milk, so I won't be drinking it straight out of  a glass, at least not by itself and I will probably have to work up to having it on cereal. It would be easier if it looked more like regular milk. It's not much different, just not quite as white, more like evaporated milk. It does help that it doesn't have a smell.


BTW this is a Blueberry Banana smoothie. I still have lots of blueberries. I gave Lindsay some. I'm thinking blueberry muffins, but I will have to eat them all myself, nobody here will eat them, but me. I may freeze the blueberries until a cooler day. I'm not so sure I'm willing to turn on the oven when it's this hot. How about some cool suggestions?

I didn't get as much decluttering accomplished as I'd hoped. I'd forgotten I was suppose to go with Lucas. He went to get his hair cut. We attempted to get his books for his classes, but since he's getting them through a grant, we have to wait until the 8th of August to stand in line for a couple of hours, which means no used books. 

We went to Target afterwards. Mostly looking at food. We were starving by that time. Lucas got a sandwich from the Deli and I got a SmartWater for Zumba. I decided to wait until I got home for lunch. There was nothing quick and appealing in Target's deli. I could do unappealing at home. 

I had a hummus, cucumber, and sundried tomato sandwich. It was messy, but not bad. I have some Spicy Doritos on the side, like I don't have a pound to lose.


I also had cookies and pecans as my pre-Zumba snack. I wasn't counting on Zumba to counteract cookies & Doritos.

My two usual partners in crime, pooped out on me at Zumba, so I had to go it alone. I still got a great workout. I was starving as usual when I got home. I need a snack that will hold me for a couple of hours. I could use some healthy snack suggestions as well. 

I had Lean Cuisine mushroom tortellini with snap peas, sun dried tomatoes, peas and red peppers in mushroom sauce and a MSF Chik'n Griller. It's not bad but I'm not crazy about it. It think it's the sauce.

I liked that there was some green here. There doesn't look like much on the package photo, but there was quite a bit. I was worried I'd have a yellow plate. Speaking of plates, I'm trying out my new square white plates. They look pretty nice in the photos. What do ya think?

After dinner and after DH went bed, Lucas and I watch another Netflix movie, The Fighter, with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. It was a pretty good movie all in all, but it was about as redneck as it gets, lol, of course it is about boxing. It's a true story, which I liked and after doing some research, I found that the characters personalities were very close to those of the actual people that story was about. I wasn't crazy about Christian Bale in this movie, but he did do a good job of playing the part. We gave it a three mainly because of the content, not that there was anything wrong with the movie. It just wasn't our favorite.

I guess this one was late. I wasn't watching the clock. Sorry, Email Subscribers.

Happy Friday! Oh, and yes the title sux, didn't have time to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment