Google Search Results

Monday, July 11, 2011

Slow Sunday

This is one of those mornings when I really do miss my morning coffee. A great big cup of dark deliciousness would be so good this morning, but since I don't sleep well these days, I don't do coffee unless it's decaf and I rarely do that anymore.

Lately the smoothie has replaced my morning coffee, but I'm afraid that once winter sets in again, I will need something to warm my bones on cold mornings. We'll see. The smoothies are awfully delicious and I really look forward to them.

Yesterday's smoothie was a Blueberry Banana smoothie. It was slightly more banana than blueberry yesterday, because I used a few more piece of banana than I do normally. I was feeling particularly bored with the usual smoothie photos, so I decided to do something slightly difficult different.



I'm still not satisfied with the photos, but the smoothie was delicious as usual.

This is a shot that was taken yesterday after we got to Mom's. Some new babies arrived for the kiddies & for Lynda to make outfits for. Cathy brought a couple from her collection. Lexi fell in love with them immediately and of course, thought Mary should have one as well. Dad wound up with an armful of babies. It was like looking into the future.

As you know, it was Sunday and there was a big dinner to be eaten. Here is what was on the menu this week.

BBQ Beef Brisket

Oven Fried Chicken

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Mashed Potatoes

Rice w/ Spinach & Tomato

Corn On The Cob

Pea Salad

We also had our very own salad bar which include a bagged salad mix, broccoli, cucumber, onions, celery, carrot, green pepper, feta cheese, homemade French dressing, & a large bowl of cantaloupe. 

Angel Biscuits

This is what I piled onto my plate. I had a MSF BBQ Riblet, mac & cheese, rice, salad and an angel biscuit.

We had a banana nut bread trifle for dessert. It just layers of banana nut bread, vanilla pudding and cool whip. A great idea for when your bread turns out less than perfect. It was sort of like banana pudding with nuts and without black bananas. I think this is how I'd prefer banana bread.

Ooops, my bowl of trifle was gone before I knew it.

Still not too hungry from everything I ate earlier, I just had a little leftover pea salad for dinner. It was just enough, so I ate it right out of the container.

Here is a shot of the steps Dale fixed, which turned out pretty good. He is going back to clean off the excess cement, once they set up.
It felt like such a slow Sunday yesterday. I felt like I was moving in slow motion all day. I may have to go for a nap sometime today to recuperate, since I'm still feeling a little slow this morning as well, typical Monday, I think. Hope your day is a good one.
















2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Reese and our future family. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo was courtesy of Mom + the one of the steps. The one I took didn't turn out as good. I am terrible at people pictures.

    ReplyDelete