Google Search Results

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Cake And Ice Cream


It's dark inside this morning, no sun out to brighten up my living room. Looks like were in for some rain today. I usually don't have to turn on any lights until evening, except in my windowless bathrooms and kitchen. One day I will have windows in every room. I count on the light for taking decent photos. I hate using a flash. Yesterday was a pretty good photo day as far as light goes.

I had a banana pudding smoothie minus the wafers. I added a spoonful of FitNutz peanut butter mix to it. It's peanut powder you mix with water, but I just added it to my smoothie. It tasted different from my normal peanut butter, but not bad different. It just doesn't have all the fat or as much sugar as regular peanut butter. It's also gluten free & low in sodium. I like using it in my smoothie. I can save my regular peanut butter for spreading.


Lunch was quick yesterday. We'd decided to go to the grocery store and I didn't want to go hungry, so I fix a Veggie Patch veggie dog with vegetarian chili, mustard, & onion. It needed slaw and I had planned to make some, but never got around to it and didn't really have time right then.

I got ice cream while we were out, to go with the birthday cake. I tried Aldi's French Vanilla. Let me just say, it's not Breyers, of course I didn't expect it to be. Normally I buy Breyers Vanilla. It's my favorite, but I only buy it when it's on sale. There are a few off brands that come close, but Aldi's is not one of them.
It served the purpose though. The cake needed some moisture. I think cake should always be moist. My favorite cakes are ones that are really moist, like apple cake, tres leches cake, cake with pudding or jello, etc. What's your favorite cake?

I was feeling lazy as usual, so for dinner I just heated the rest of my pizza. I haven't really been in the mood lately to fix salad. I'm always in the mood to eat it, but fixing it is a different story, even with the bags of lettuce, you have to cut up carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. The bags with other veggies in them usually only have cabbage & carrots with iceberg lettuce, which is my least favorite lettuce. Maybe I will start cutting up veggies ahead of time, so that all I have to do is mix them together. I will just have to be sure and eat them quickly because, precut veggies don't last as long.
I will see if I can't put today a big salad today. It's Zumba day and I think if I'm going to exercise I should try to eat better. I have too many leftovers and after today they're outa here. Speaking of outa here, that's me as soon as I post this. Happy Thursday!




No comments:

Post a Comment