Google Search Results

Monday, July 25, 2011

No Big Sunday Dinner

I fooled around too long last night and didn't get to bed as early as I should have, so here I am this morning wishing I were still in bed. I am the queen of procrastination. Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow? I need a new motto, so I can stop hitting the snooze button.

Yesterday Sunday dinner was called off, on account of the heat. It was too hot to cook, so we took this week off. Hopefully next week will be better. I had an icy cold smoothie to start the day off, an original Banana Pudding Smoothie, wafers and all, no peanut butter, no chocolate, just pure banana goodness.

I'm still getting use to the cream colored flax milk. I can do it in smoothies, but my mind won't let me have it on cereal yet. I'm a nut and can help it. I still haven't manage to lose any weight. I stuck right were I am because I eat too many sweets and unhealthy snacks.


I need more veggie and less rice, potatoes, bread, etc. Knowing this does not help apparently. I still have brown rice with sweet & sour veggies for lunch.

It's so good I can't help myself.

and a Krispy Kreme donut for dessert.

You see that white stuff on the donut......that is my weakness. BTW these are the best donuts KK has, Lucas agrees.

I also had torilla chips with salsa. At least it wasn't some fattening dip like nacho cheese.


I had a coupon for the new skinny cow candies. Lucas and I share them. The Dreamy Cluster are chocolate covered caramel and rice crispies. There were five. I had 2, Lucas had 3. We gave them 4 out of 5 stars. We bought one package of Dreamy Clusters and one Heavenly Crisp which we split later. I didn't get a shot of it, but it was even better than the Clusters which were delicious, so it got 5 stars. The HC was sort of like a Kit Kat bar, but so much better. I think if I get another BOGO coupon, I will just get 2 of those. They make chocolate and peanut butter flavor too, but all they had at the store was chocolate or I'd have probably gotten the peanut butter.

I also tried Walmart's GV Lean Cafe Three Cheese Ziti Marinara.

It had cheese on top, but following the prep directions, once you stir it, you don't see it, so I added extra. (That makes it so much leaner, right?)

It didn't have a lot of flavor, so I also added oregano and garlic. It got better as I ate it for some reason. I've had better, but it wasn't bad. I guess it gets a 3 out of 5 rating.

Not quite enough ziti for me, I had a few seasoned potato wedges as well. I happened to be low on salad ingredients, which would have been better.

Even though we didn't have a big Sunday dinner, I still manage to eat a lot of the wrong things for losing weight. I will try to do a little better today, but I can't make any promises. Tune in next Sunday for lots of food photos, if you missed them today. Hopefully the heat won't put a damper on things. You can subscribe via RSS or email and/or follow me on Twitter. Comments are welcome. Happy Monday!













No comments:

Post a Comment