Google Search Results

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fresh Blueberries

I'm feeling a bit chilly this morning. A cold front has moved through. It's not actually cold, but about 10 degrees cooler than it's been lately. The high yesterday was only around 70, which was a huge change, but a welcome one, since we've been dealing with temps in the 90's. It stayed cloudy yesterday and it looks like we're in for another cloudy day. I haven't checked the forecast yet.

This is the fresh blueberries I have that Dale's friend picked and sent to me.
I used some of them in my smoothie yesterday.


I had a blueberry banana smoothie. I think they made the smoothie look more purple than the store bought blueberries.

Free blueberries, gotta love those.

We went to Mom's yesterday, so that Dale could cut grass while it was cool. The yard looks nice and green. We've had a decent amount of rain lately. Mom & I also put the 2nd coat of paint on the bathroom they've been redoing. We went to Walmart to pick up a few things and stopped at Hendrix BBQ for the guys lunch on the way back. Dale & Lucas got BBQ sandwiches. I got some red slaw and hushpuppies, because I was starving, but Mom, Lynda & I planned to just fix something once we got back.  I had coffee before we left, but it didn't last.

Oops, I ate all the hushpuppies, but one, before getting back. I like the round ones the best, but these were pretty good.

I had the slaw with a MSF riblet. The slaw was just alright. I wasn't impressed. Blue Bay still gets my vote as having the best red slaw.

I also had a Ghirardelli Chocolate. Intense Dark. I love dark chocolate. I think these must be an acquired taste, nobody else eats them.

Once we got back home, we saw that it had rained at our house. The cat found a dry spot under the swing. I had what was left of my cheesy broccoli and rice.


I got my photos uploaded and posted last night early. I still went to bed about the same time, but I must have slept a lot better than the night before. I felt very rested this morning, so much better than yesterday. They are saying the sun may peep out later. I am looking forward to that, but not the heat that may come with it. Stay cool. Happy Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment