Google Search Results

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Chocolate Overload

Yesterday's breakfast sent me into chocolate overload. This is the perfect dessert if you need a chocolate fix. It's super rich and super chocolaty. I do advise eating a small serving. I finished off what was left of the Chocolate Tres Leche, which was more than I needed. There was too much for one serving and not enough for 2 or so I though. It was like eating a big soft moist chocolate bar, sort of like a truffle and you know how rich truffles are.


I had the last of the macaroni salad as well, which also looked like less until I piled it on my plate. It wasn't as filling as I though it would be though. You know when spinach wilts down, it's hardly anything, which was helpful in this case.



Later I tried one of Lucas' strawberry cereal bars which he got at Walmart to go with his lunch. They taste very good. I don't know why I didn't get an unwrapped photo, for some reason it just didn't occur to me. These are pretty sweet. They would be even less calories, if they'd leave out about half the sugar, but I guess they needed it as a binder. They could have just put it in a pouch to munch on like granola.

After the cereal bar I needed something salty to counteract the sweetness. I had a little bowl with some Salsa trail mix from Yoder's in it. I love this trail mix, but they could leave out those hard little corn kernels. I eat them, but they are hard as can be. I always think I'm going to break a tooth. They should put some nuts in instead, even corn chips would be better.

Speaking of corn chips, I had corn tortilla chips (spicy Doritos), with my salad for dinner. Wait, what's wrong with this picture? Uh, duh? Where's the cheese? I made my beautiful salad and forgot the cheese. I took a picture like I fixed it, because I knew once I added the cheese, it would look like crap.

Well maybe not as bad as I'd thought, but not nearly as colorful and pretty. I had iceberg lettuce, spinach, onion, black beans, brown rice, red banana pepper, sour cream, and canned tomatoes (out of salsa). Then of course, I added the shredded Mexican blend cheese.

I sat down and ate a few bites, only to realize, I'd forgotten something else. This salad needed some sort of seasoning or spice, something to kick it up a little, so I added some taco sauce, which was perfect. I do think I need to scale back on my portions. It's just that when you add ingredients to a salad it tends to get larger than you expect or it does for me anyway. I usually like a lot of ingredients in my salads. Do you make your salads too large? Trouble with portion control? If not, what's your secret? How about chocolate? What is your favorite chocolate fix? You're answering these questions in your head. How about putting those answers in a comment? Thanks. Happy Wednesday!!






No comments:

Post a Comment