Google Search Results

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hey Mambo

Another sunny morning. All I've done is sneeze since I opened my eyes. I'm not sure what that's about, but something is definitely in the air. I've been checking out the weather this morning to see if it will be good for a walk and so far it's looking good.

Usually I have breakfast, blog, and then walk on the days we walk. Yesterday's breakfast was another Banana Pudding Smoothie. It was super thick because of the ice and frozen banana. I love when I can use frozen banana. We didn't walk yesterday because our Zumba schedule was changed and we were having Zumba yesterday instead of Thurs. Hopefully we can squeeze a walk in this morning. Mornings are best for walking because summer evenings in the south are too unpredictable, with pop up showers and thunderstorms.

Smoothies would be perfect after a walk, if only I could get up walk first, have breakfast and then blog. I suppose I could but that would put my post out even later. It already feels weird writing about the day before. It's sort of like telling old news.

For lunch I had Michelina's Fettuccine Alfredo.

I added some broccoli to the noodles and sprinkled it with Parmesan cheese. It also needed a pinch of salt. I suppose because I had added the broccoli. Normally frozen dinners are plenty salty enough.

Some garlic and oregano would have been even better, but I was hungry and lazy and just did without.

I had a crumbled piece of apple cake from the freezer. I'm finding lots of things in there lately. I can finally see the light in the back. I haven't ever gotten around to cleaning out the fridge either, something I really need to do.

Yesterday, I procrastinated the day away and waited until the last minute to fix dinner. I'd forgotten that the dinner I had planned to fix was more elaborate than usual and would require more time. It was also rather hot since our a/c only works when it wants to. It seems to think the house stays at 55 degrees and doesn't need to be on. 

I was limited for quick choices, so I threw together some tomato soup, using diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, basil, garlic, sugar and a little salt. It turned out well. I also had a grilled cheese sandwich to go with the soup.

I'd thought about adding a little milk to the soup, but wasn't sure if I'd like it that way, so I passed. Dale always puts milk in tomato soup, but we both eat different things most of the time.

I had a lovely time at Zumba yesterday. Tuesday's workout felt very short for some reason and last night seemed extremely long. I suppose because neither Lindsay or my sister in law, Angie went. My two partners in crime left me hanging. I still had fun, but it did seem longer. 

While I was at Zumba, Lucas and Dale went to Cathy and Eddie's. They brought back some pizza Cathy sent with them. I had a couple of slices of the cheese with peppers and onions. The thin crust made 2 slices just enough for an after Zumba snack. It was good, sort of like pizza on crackers.

 Now for a little fun. This is what the day brought to mind. Yes I know, my mind wanders, but it was late, I was tired and this is what came to mind. Hope you like it. Happy Thursday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment