Google Search Results

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pancakes Without Milk

It's sunny & 63 this morning. I've been loving the slightly cooler weather we've been having, but today it's suppose to hit 90 again. I know 80 is not that cool either, but I am happy to see the temperatures starting to drop, even if it's only 5 or 10 degrees. It sure would be nice if it just stayed in the 70's year round. I could deal with that.

Well, on to yesterday..... I had a pancake breakfast, banana pancakes that is. I sort of had to come up with my own recipe, because I didn't have pancake mix and I didn't have all the ingredients for the recipes I had. I'm actually not a big fan of pancakes, but I had a couple of bananas to use and I decided to make them into pancakes, which would be easy, except for the fact that I didn't have the mix or the milk which most recipes called for. I did have yogurt, vanilla yogurt. It used to be milk and I use it like milk with cereal, so why not? It turned out so well I decided to post the recipe on my recipe page. It's definitely good enough for an emergency, but also good for anytime.  Maybe I will try these as waffles, what do ya think?

They were light and fluffy and you could taste the vanilla yogurt, just a little. There are only 5 ingredients and chances are if you have vanilla yogurt, you could make them. I had mine with butter and syrup. I had help with these, so they are gone today. I did get 2 of them. There were 7 or 8.

For lunch I had a salmon salad. Yes, straight out of the can on top of iceberg lettuce and peppers with Italian dressing and crackers. I mainly wanted the salmon and crackers. I sometimes eat it as a snack, but decided to have it as a salad to make a meal. I wasn't sure about the Italian dressing at first, but it turned out quite good. I enjoyed it.



I had a cup of my green tea yesterday after lunch. I needed a pick me up, since I didn't sleep well the night before. I also remembered my cinnamon honey water later at 3pm. I added cinnamon & honey to my tea as well. I will be needing to get more cinnamon. I've been using it a lot lately, honey too.

I had an egg sandwich for dinner, a couple of hours before zumba, maybe less. It wasn't exactly what I was in the mood for, but it definitely filled the void. I just scrambled 2 eggs with a few bacos thrown in and seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder. I think one egg would have been enough. I put the eggs on the 3 cheese semolina loaf from Target and then grilled the sandwich in the pan.

We had a great night at zumba, but then again we always do. Most of the new moves were a little easier, but we also had another new song for warm up. We usually get more laughing accomplished than anything the first time we do a new song. I have a hard time getting both my legs and my arms doing what they're suppose to at the same time, but I'm pretty sure, I wasn't alone or at least I pretended I wasn't. I figure, I'm there to move and have fun, so that's what I did.

I made hummus before going to Zumba, so that I would have a quick snack for afterwards. I ate all the carrots, but not all of the hummus. I put the rest up for later.

I was still hot so I also had a coconut creamsicle.

Everything done and to bed by eleven. I did have to cut my reading short, since I got a late start after zumba. I slept a little better last night. I'm thinking I do have a little more energy, whether or not it's the honey water, I'm not sure, but I'll take it. Now I'm off to see if we're walking this morning. Happy (what day is this? oh yeah) Thursday!








No comments:

Post a Comment