Google Search Results

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eating For More Energy And Better Sleep

I went to bed early last night. I got up a few minutes early this morning. I didn't really sleep that well, but having tossed and turned longer, I guess helped a little.

I had yesterday's breakfast as I typed up yesterday's post. I think getting my breakfast in earlier is better. I had a tropical smoothie yesterday with pineapple, banana, and coconut. It was really good. A nice change. I haven't had one in a while.

8:00am

A little later I had a cup of coffee. I found a little decaf in the cabinet. I mixed a little regular coffee with the decaf. It was mostly decaf, so I don't think it had anything to do with my troublesome sleep. I did the peppermint mocha thing with my coffee; not as sweet as last time.

10:00am

I followed a schedule for eating yesterday. Eating early and at regular intervals. I didn't get too hungry or too full. I did feel better yesterday, like I had more energy. I didn't get the afternoon sleepies. I even got some extra cleaning done.

For lunch I had the last of my cajun crab cakes. Those things go fast around here. I had leftover pasta salad with my crab cake.

11:30am

I thought the plate looked a little skimpy, but it was plenty and I'm glad I didn't add anything to it.

This was my snack. I had an apple with peanut butter pretzels. I need to plan some healthy snacks. How about some suggestions? This one wasn't bad, but it was the healthiest thing I had for a snack and since I will be doing regular snacks, I will need to have some other healthy snacks.

3:00pm

I still getting rid of leftovers. I guess this was dinner. I had it earlier than usual. Normally I wait until after Zumba to eat, but trying to stay on the schedule, I ate a slightly lighter meal a couple of hours before hand. I had the last slice of the vegetable pizza and a bowl of Campbell's Harvest Orange Tomato soup. I ate half a can and Lucas ate the other half. It tastes just like regular tomato soup. I don't think it's as acidic. I was worried I would be tasting my food while I exercised, but I didn't.

5:00pm


The soup was thicker than regular tomato, so I think it actually goes a little farther than regular tomato. It is only offered for a limited time, so there doesn't seem to be much sense in getting attached to it. I hate when they make certain foods for a limited time. Why would you want to eat something that you may love, only to have it discontinued, so that you will possibly never be able to have it again. This was good and I would like to have it again, but I will probably not be able to find it when I go back for more. It's sort of like the pina colada jello. I liked that, but it was only for a limited time. I had it once and could never find it again.

My eating schedule didn't really call for exercise in the evening. It suggested exercising in the morning, but since I have no control over my Zumba class times, I had to improvise. I'm also usually starved after Zumba. This is another type of snack I need to plan for. I had a pay day candy bar (not good) while I fixed myself a better more filling snack.

8:30pm

I had an everything bagel with mozzarella cheese & a little garlic powder, toasted in my toaster over. It was really good, even better than with cream cheese and btw Zumba was awesome as usual. Next week we will be having class on Monday and Wednesday, just for that week.

I almost forgot to tell you about my microwave. I got a small microwave for free. It had been in stored in with some things Dale had been give. It was sorta of dirty and needed cleaned up, but it worked. I cleaned it up and had it looking good, then Dale comes in and says he'd fixed my old microwave. It was the door switch. One of the contacts had jumped out of place. He put it back together so now it works like a charm. I now have 2 microwaves. I think I will keep the smaller one for emergencies. It wasn't terrible to be without, but it sure wasn't nearly as convenient.  Now Lucas and I are off for a walk. Happy Wednesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment