Google Search Results

Monday, August 22, 2011

Smooth Sunday's Leftover Transformation

I sure have missed my smoothies. I took a break for a while, but I was missing them the whole time. Smoothies are my favorite breakfast and Banana Pudding Smoothies are my favorite. The bananas smelled like banana candy for some reason. I always get the urge to eat a fresh banana, but I never enjoy plain fresh bananas. I love the flavor, but I'm not a fan of the texture. My smoothie is the perfect solution.


I spent most of the morning cleaning, getting ready for the girls (Lexi & Mary). They were coming to stay with me while Mom & Dad went to see a movie. I had lunch before they got here, an Amy's enchilada verde dinner with black beans and rice. I sprinkled a little taco seasoning on the rice, just to spice it up a little. It's good as is, but I was in the mood for a little more spice.


The kids had a little lunch after they got here, chicken nuggets with mac & cheese, then we played and watched "Tangled" Disney's Rapunzel movie, on Netflix. They have the movie at home and both love watching it. Lexi & I had apple cake afterwards. Mary had a nap.


After the girls went home, I got a snack to tied me over until dinner, a little of my hummus and a few carrots.

Dinner was a transformation of leftovers. I put a little of my leftover canned salmon and mac & cheese with some frozen peas for a dinner sort of like tuna casserole.

It was pretty good, a nice change. I love when I can take leftovers to another level. Eating the same thing over and over, even if it's only for 2 or 3 days can get boring. It's good to be able to change things up, even if they are just leftovers. The key is to start simple, then get creative.

The day went very smoothly. I had a great time with the girls. I have seemed to be getting back into the habit of staying up too late. I'm going to have to nip it, before it gets out of hand. I find that when I go to bed later, I don't sleep as well. Tonight, if at all possible, I'm going to attempt to go to bed early. I'd like to be well rested on the days I have Zumba or walk. I'd like to try and find at least one more exercise activity to do, something fun like Zumba. Any suggestions? Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment