Google Search Results

Thursday, August 04, 2011

I Can See Again

This morning is already rushed and I'm just beginning. I got sidetracked fooling with my ipod right off the bat. It was another late night, so it's also another incoherent morning. Yesterday did not go as smoothly as I had hoped for, but it was ultimately considered a successful day anyway.

I had a strawberry smoothie for breakfast. I need to freeze my strawberries or buy frozen. I love my smoothies icy cold and it thickens them a bit as well, more like a milkshake.


Still yummy.

Yesterday morning was spent waiting for my glasses to come in. I'd called the day before and one pair had already arrived, but to save an extra trip, since the second pair was supposedly on their way, I decided to wait another day. Well, assuming they'd be there we went ahead and left before getting the actual call, since we had other errands to run, but when I got there, they only had the one pair, so I went ahead and got those. I was anxious to get my new glasses. I've been sort of blind for a while and I was exited that I might be able to see. The last pair of glasses I got were expensive and the prescription and/or bifocal alignment was right. I was told to let my eye adjust. They never did. I should have gone back, but was disgusted that they refuse to consider it when I told them the first day.

I went to Sears this time and it was a whole new experience. They measured and adjusted and were very interested in helping me get the right glasses. I put them on and with a minor adjustment was able to see immediately. My eyes did not have to adjust to be able to see. It did make me a little wonky after reading a few moments, but I could see with them and by them end of the day I was able to see everything without a problem. Dale made fun of me because I was reading everything I couldn't see well before, e.g., street signs, my ipod, a menu. 

We went out to lunch to celebrate. Dale was going to get a haircut, but said since I could see now, we'd go to lunch and I could cut his hair. It sounded good to me. I guess I should have taken a photo of the haircut, but I was late getting that done.

We went to Casa Grande. We got the usual chips and salsa while waiting on our food. I got water to drink.


Dale got his great big dark beer. It looks like cola.

I had a spinach quesadilla with refried beans, rice and lettuce with sour cream.

It looked pretty good. It wasn't bad it just wasn't seasoned. It really needed the beans and cheese with every bite for flavor. It was also a little greasy for my taste, but I ate most of it and left the rest since we weren't going straight home.

Here I am in my new specs. My "Clark Kents" as I refer to them. They are similar to what I had before, except these are plastic frames. They sort of look black, but they are kind of bluish purple on the sides. I didn't graduate from MySpace U, so I'm not educated in self portraits. I could barely get the shot, much less manage a decent smile in the process. By the time I got this shot, lets just say, I wasn't quite as enthused, but you can see my glasses. 

I am also able to see in the mirror now, which I was excited about until I realized what was in the mirror, lol. I think I looked a lot better without the new glasses.



My pre-dinner snack was pretzels.

For dinner I just had a salad.

Iceberg, spinach, white cucumber, onion, tomato, red banana pepper with feta & zesty Italian dressing.

Getting my glasses turned into an all day event, so I didn't get as much done around the house as I had planned. I came home and was rushed to get as much done as possible. I have plans for a GDO today, so I won't get a chance today. BTW, I am missing Zumba, since it was canceled this week. :( I'm hope running yesterday and today with make up for my lack of exercise, but I don't think so. Officially late getting this one out. Sorry. Happy Thursday!!






No comments:

Post a Comment