Google Search Results

Friday, August 05, 2011

Awesome Quick Tortilla Soup

Boy could I use some more sleep. I went to be earlier than I've been going, but I still fill like I could have slept several more hours. It looks like rain today, which would be perfect for sleeping. I always sleep better when it rains.

Yesterday I was up and running. I didn't get much sleep, but I had more energy. I had a strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast. It was super cold and I enjoyed it more than the plain strawberry smoothie I had yesterday.
After my smoothie, I was out the door for our GDO (girls day out).


We'd made planned to go to Hobby Lobby. I guess I was definitely off yesterday. We went to Starbucks and I got a peppermint mocha frappuccino full caff, which I needed badly to keep going. What I didn't get, was a picture of it. I really do need to start getting a few more pictures.

We went to Hobby Lobby and looked around. Mom & Lynda like to get craft stuff. I used to do lots of crafting, but I am pretty much over it. I don't see as well as I used to and went for a long time with crappy glasses, so I sort of lost interest. I do like all the decorative stuff they have a HL though. 

We also went to the mall and looked around. I went by Sears again to see if my other pair of glasses had came, but unfortunately found out they'd somehow gotten lost in transit, so they reordered them, which means, it will be about 2 more weeks before I get them. Maybe since they lost them, they will put a rush on them and I will get them sooner. That would be nice. I am just glad I have the one pair and I can see now. I still like the font a little big. It's nice that it's so clear now. I didn't lower it a little on my kindle app. I can also see my ipod clearly, which does have tiny font. 

We went to Logan's for lunch. They aren't extremely vegetarian friendly, but they did have several fish entrees for us pescatarians. I ordered a sprite to drink, no bottled water on their menu. They brought out great big rolls with butter. They were a little on the sweet side as with most places I've been to. I'm not particularly fond of sweet rolls.


Fortunately the also have big buckets of peanuts to munch and are very popular for their peanut shells thrown all over the floors. I practiced being purposefully messy. It was unusual, but fun. I think Mom had a hard time getting the hang of it. She would pile her shells neatly on the table, then I would sweep them off into the floor, just to see the expression on her face. It felt weird doing it, but it was funny.

I got the southern fried catfish with steamed broccoli and sauted mushrooms. The website shows a bit more sides on the menu than I'd seen at the restaurant. I enjoyed mine, but didn't realize they had sweet potato fries, otherwise I might have gone for the blackened mahi fillet. The Sante Fe Tilapia also sounded nice, but I'd just done Mexican the day before and had Mexican themed leftovers at home, so I thought I'd go for something different.

The catfish was pretty good, as was the broccoli & mushrooms. I just at one piece of the fish, finished off the broccoli and most of the mushrooms. I brought home what was left.

These would have been even better with some onions and cheese melted over them. Dessert would have been nice too, if I hadn't been so full. They have cheese cake and brownies on the menu. Their cinnamon roll sundae sounds delicious with warm apples, ice cream and caramel sauce over a yeasty roll with cinnamon sugar and walnuts. It might be worth just going for dessert. Can you tell I'm ready for breakfast?

For dinner I had a quickly thrown together, but delicious bowl of soup. I put some of my leftover diced tomatoes, some rinsed & drained black beans, and some frozen corn together in a bowl, added a little water, some taco seasoning and heated it for about 3 minutes in the microwave. I gave it a stir and added a few crushed tortilla chips, for a nice tortilla soup. I also topped it with a little colby/jack shredded cheese.

It's no real recipe, but it was an awesome soup, which is easily thrown together. You just can't get it wrong, unless you add too much seasoning. I did add a bit more than thought, but it wasn't bad, just spicier than I'd intended, though not spicier than I like. I enjoyed it.

It's still dark and gloomy out, looking a bit like it may rain. Maybe I can sneak in a nap today. Right now my tummy growling and I'm thinking of what to put in it. Happy Friday everyone! What do you have planned for the weekend? Have you had a GDO lately? The G could also be for the guys as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment