Google Search Results

Friday, August 26, 2011

Millville GetBalance Chewy Granola Bar Review

Starting to look a little overcast this morning thanks to Irene, I suppose, of course we're far enough off shore that it's not forecast that we will be effected, thank goodness. We do have friends and family on the coast though and we hope that the storm leaves them safe, with at the most, minimal damage. Prayers are with everyone who will be effected by Irene.

Now about yesterday, breakfast was not a Banana Pudding smoothie. It was a smoothie and there was a little banana in it, but it was more or less a Tropical smoothie with pineapple and shredded coconut which I threw in the grinder along with my oats and ground flax. I don't mind a little texture, but I do like my smoothies as smooth as possible.



For lunch I had the last of my tomato soup. I also fished an Asiago cheese bagel out of the freezer which I defrosted spread with butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese, then I stuck it under the broiler for a few minutes.

The bagel toasted up nicely. I love that Panera's Asiago cheese bagels don't have the hole in the middle. I sort of wish they all came that way.

My honey and cinnamon came in a cup of peach mango green tea yesterday. I needed a little pick me up as well. I love that the green tea only has 15mg of caffeine per serving. I've also cut back to 1 tea bag per large cup of tea. It's just a good and my tea goes farther.

Yesterday afternoon we went to Aldi's. One of the things I got was Millville GetBalance Chewy Granola Bars. There were several choices of granola and cereal bars, but I preferred the nutrition and ingredients of this one. I bought the Trail Mix bars, having as you can see, almonds, cranberries, & raisins. With only 130 calories per bar, they make a great snack. They have only 3g of fat and 5g of sugar. To make it even better this little bar also has 4g of fiber and 6g of protein. It's low in sodium and if you're worried about it, no high fructose corn syrup. These are very similar to the Kashi TLC trail mix bars with slightly less calories and sodium and at about 1/2 the price($1.99 for Millville's).


They are small, but if I remember correctly so were the Kashi bars. Here it is next to a stick of gum. This was my "tied me over 'til dinner" snack. I haven't tried them all, but this one was yummy.

Dinner, I cooked. I know it's hard to believe, but I did. I do cooked, just not as often, now that I'm older and it's just me(eating veggies that is). I made my Sweet & Sour veggies and the veggies looked so good going into the pan I just had to get a shot. Lovely, huh?

Not too bad after being cooked either.

The sweet & sour veggies over brown rice. This was an excellent dinner. I really should cook more often. I forget how much better it is.

Well, that was my day in food. I think it went rather well. We didn't get to go for our walk though. Lucas had homework and I'm not brave enough to walk by myself. I did a little Zumba around the house though, but I didn't really sweat like I normally do, a sign that I didn't do enough. How about some comments today? Just say hello, whatever. Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment