Google Search Results

Monday, August 15, 2011

Cinnamon Sunday

It's a lovely morning, the sun is out and I slept even better than the night before. I went to bed around 10:30pm and slept until 7am + 20mins. snooze time. I only woke up once during the night. I wasn't so ready to get up this morning though. It felt good to sleep so peacefully.

Yesterday after having slept 5 straight hours. I woke up with more energy. I was excited to have slept so long at one time. I made a simple breakfast of vanilla yogurt, cheerios, ground flax, sliced bananas, cinnamon, & pecans.


It wasn't too bad, although, I prefer my bananas blended into a smoothie. You should try a banana pudding smoothie or a blueberry banana smoothie, two of my favorites.

After breakfast Lucas and I went for another walk. We tried to walk about the same length, but also trying to pick up the pace a little. We fell short on the length at 3.34 miles instead of 3.37, but picked up our pace from about 17min. 52 sec. per mile to 16/ 52. I wore different shoes this time and managed to avoid sore feet. I was tired afterward, but not exhausted and sore.

It wasn't long until I was ready for lunch. I did another bean & cheese enchilada with taco sauce, but only had half the enchilada along with a salad. I raided the garden or what's left of it, for a couple of small tomatoes and some peppers to top my iceberg lettuce. I drizzled the salad with some spicy ranch dressing.

It was both tasty and colorful.


For my afternoon dessert/snack, I had what was left of the peach cobbler topped with vanilla yogurt and extra cinnamon, which seemed to be the theme for the day. I've been craving lots of cinnamon.


Again with the cinnamon. I had my cinnamon honey water at around 3pm, which I am experimenting with to see if it actually improves my energy. I did get a little sleepy yesterday around 3, which reminded me of the water, but it didn't last too long and it's only been 2 days; after a week we shall see.

For dinner I had a baked potato with broccoli, butter, & cheese. The cheese sauce was a mixture of condensed cheddar cheese soup, milk, & Parmesan cheese.

This was delicious. I ate it all including the potato skin. A lot of people throw away the skin, but for me it's the best part. The skin is where all the nutrients and fiber hang out. A baked potato is one of my favorite ways of eating a potato.

After dinner I watched a movie. I've been intending to watch for a while. I just haven't managed to get around to it until last night. We watched "Country Strong". It was a very good movie. I don't necessarily go for this type of movie, but it turned out to be pretty good. I was also surprised at how well Gwyneth Paltrow can sing. She really has a nice voice. I can't believe she hasn't shown it off before. While I don't think it was a movie that kids should see, I do think the grownups might enjoy it. I did only give it 4 out of 5 stars though for the parts I didn't particularly care for.




After the movie, I read a little of my book, "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", and still managed to be in bed by 10:3pm. Go Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment