Google Search Results

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Dessert Or Breakfast, What's The Difference

Old habits die hard. Staying up too late again. Getting sidetracked first thing this morning does not help.

Anyway....Yesterday I had dessert for breakfast. I had the blueberry cornmeal cobbler with vanilla yogurt, since I don't have any vanilla ice cream. Actually I think this was better, more so if it had been Chobani or Dannon. It was the last of the My Essentials brand and I am not sorry.


Why isn't cobbler a breakfast food. What's the difference? I suppose most desserts aren't healthy, but this one's not so bad. It does have fruit and it wasn't terribly sweet; no worse than a muffin or a pancake and I topped it with yogurt. How can that be bad? (Except that the yogurt I used was runny, lol, and not a brand I prefer.)

For lunch there was leftover brown rice in the frig. I added a little frozen corn, heated the rice & corn in the microwave, chopped up some spinach and Roma tomatoes, threw in a little garlic & basil, and heated it a second time, just enough to wilt the spinach.

I don't normally add the basil or corn, but it was very good this way. This is one of my favorite ways to eat rice and a great way to use up spinach & tomato.

I had one of my coconut cream fruit bars for dessert. I picked these up at Aldi. It was pretty good, but Edy's is better. I would have been perfectly satisfied with it, had I never eaten one of Edy's. These are cheaper so it helped that I didn't expect it to be great and if you can't afford Edy's these are a great sub.

For dinner I revamped the macaroni salad. I added broccoli, red banana pepper, extra carrot and more coleslaw dressing and had it over a bed of spinach. This is my favorite way to eat macaroni salad.

I also added a little shredded colby/jack cheese, although I like the crumbles better. It's what I had and it was yummy either way.

After dinner I sat on the couch, ignoring the fact that I needed to upload photos until it was late. I was watching old movies on THIS channel, a local channel that shows old movies, etc. I was mostly fooling on the internet. I can't even remember the names of the movies. When I finally finished uploading the photos and was headed to bed Craig Ferguson came on. I like to watch Craig and he was doing his show from Paris, which was different, so I had to check it out. To me, it wasn't as good as normal, so I did cut it short and go to bed finally. I will have to work on monkeying around less and getting to bed earlier. 

Now since I have no yogurt, what to have for breakfast? Dessert maybe? What did you have? Have you had dessert for breakfast? You can tell me.
Happy Tuesday! BTW I have no Zumba this week so I will have to try and make up for it somehow, any suggestions?





No comments:

Post a Comment