Google Search Results

Monday, August 01, 2011

No Dessert For Me

Up early this morning at 6am. I laid down for a nap yesterday evening after I got home and didn't wake up until 10pm. I wasn't really ready to get up then either. At first I thought it was 6am because without glasses, that's what time it looked like on my clock. Then I realized it was just 10pm. I brushed my teeth and went back to bed. 

I got up this morning at 6am. It really was 6am this time. I didn't want to get up then either, but knew I hadn't uploaded photos or anything yet, so I got up. I'm not sure what my problem is, but I didn't feel to great yesterday afternoon.

 I felt pretty good yesterday morning. I had a big bowl of yogurt, fruit, and cereal.  I put some vanilla yogurt in a bowl, topped it with cheerios, ground flax, strawberries, blueberries, and pecans.

Now this is how you eat cereal! 

I was starved when I got to Mom's. I had a little potato casserole while everything finished cooking.

I also had a slice of a black Russian tomato. Sometimes these look like they are rotten, this slice didn't, but they are very good. I love a tomato with a meaty middle. I added a little salt & pepper, which made it perfect.

I could have eaten more, but I didn't want to fill up before everything else was done.
On the menu was barbecued chicken for the those who eat meat.

...as well as grilled chicken, cube steak......

 ...and chili beans.

There was cornbread...

potato casserole...

macaroni salad...

stir fry veggies...

asparagus....

and salad. There were salad veggies cut up on the side, but I didn't get a shot of them except for the tomato, lol.

This is my plate. By the time I got around to eating, I wasn't feeling too good. I had a little more potato casserole, asparagus, stir fried veggies, cornbread and a boca burger. I ate most of it, but nothing agreed with me for some reason.

We had blueberry cornmeal cobbler, which I made.

Lynda made chocolate tres leche and no bake oatmeal cookies, which I didn't get a shot of.

I had one bite of cobbler, one bite of the chocolate tres leche and that was it. I didn't want anything else to eat, so I skipped dessert and since Lucas had to work 3rd shift and hadn't had but a couple of hours of sleep, we went home so that he could catch a nap before work. I also felt super sleepy when I got home. I laid down to take a nap and that was all she wrote. Now it's time to finish this up. If the recipe for the cobbler doesn't make it to my email subscribers, they can check out the recipe page. Have a great day! Thanks for checkin' out the blog. Don't forget to leave a comment.










No comments:

Post a Comment