Google Search Results

Monday, August 08, 2011

The Hands Are Quicker Than the Eye

I was destined to do it and I finally did. What did I do? I hit publish instead of saving this as a draft to be finished in the morning. I've nearly done it several times, but usual catch myself. Tonight my hand was quicker than the eye.


To be continued......


I'm back! This morning I'm thinking maybe Blogger needs a confirmation popup before it actually publishes. You know "Are you really ready to publish this?". I really wasn't ready. I was really in a hurry save it as a draft and go to bed and in case you don't know, the "save as draft" button is right next to the "publish post" button. I will definitely have to be more careful, but I know it was bound to happen, since I've nearly done it several times.

Now to tell you about yesterday. I say that like there is some big exciting story. I'm sorry, no major events occurred.

I had a poppyseed & onion bagel with cream cheese. I had this one frozen and forgot to lay it out to thaw, so I had to toast it a little longer than usual, since my microwave it shot.


Unfortunately, DH hasn't figured out a way to revive the microwave. So I will be on the lookout for a "new to me" microwave. I'm just not sure I'm ready to shell out the money for a new one. I've only had that one maybe 2 years. I really don't think it's been that long. I won't be getting another Emerson. I've read on the internet that that particular model was bad to have the same problem as mine. I don't know about all Emerson microwaves, but personally, I'm not willing to risk it.
 
I had leftover whole wheat spaghetti noodles and stir fry veggies with oregano, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. I wasn't sure at first how I would reheat them, but quickly figured out a way. People did without microwaves for years, so I knew it possible. It was just figuring out the best way to do it. I chose the iron skillet. I sort of stir fried it all with a little butter, seasoned it and put it on the plate, then I added the Parmesan. Voila, lunch! It only took a few minutes longer than the microwave.


Don't laugh at me, lol. I can't help it if I was microwave dependent.

I snacked on a handful of Planters flavor grove almonds, the cinnamon & cocoa. I'm trying to do better on the carbs. I know I didn't do well, but I think I was doing a little better, considering, I had all the leftover carbs to eat.

Later in the afternoon, I was so sleepy. I could hardly hold my eyes open (literally). I decided to get up and move around. I cleaned on my kitchen, decluttering and organizing a little. It didn't help a lot. I decided to have a cup of coffee. I haven't been sleeping well without it, so I didn't figure it would make much difference. I just fixed one cup or should I say half a cup. It was really good and it was all I needed. It took a few minutes to take effect, but I was cured of the afternoon sleepies for sure.

I also had a piece of the leftover pineapple upside down cake. I swear it looked a little smaller when I was cutting it. I added some canned pineapple chunks to make it seem healthier, lol. Did it work? Oh, well, only 3 more pieces to go and hopefully DH will help eat those.

I keep reminding Dale, it's in the frig. Why should I be the only one on sugar overload?

I had vegetable pizza with salad for dinner; only one piece. I used iceberg, spinach, tomato, cucumber, onion, broccoli, & carrot, with sundried tomato vinaigrette and a little Parmesan. I ate a third of the salad before my first bite of pizza. I always seem to dive into the salad first. Is that unusual? I could have eaten more, but then realized I hadn't even taken a bite of the pizza, so out of guilt or whatever, I took a bite of it, lol.

I heated my pizza in the toaster oven. It wasn't a problem, I normally reheat pizza that way. I actually scorched it a little, but it wasn't bad.

The scales this morning are on my side. I'm not sure if it's carb curbing or muscle loss, from a week without Zumba, but I can't wait until tomorrow. Happy Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment