Google Search Results

Monday, August 29, 2011

An Impromptu Dinner

Yesterday started off with a mostly strawberry smoothie. I say mostly because I threw in 3 pieces of leftover pineapple. Waste not, want not. Fruit in a glass with yogurt and milk, it's gonna be good.



We got up with no particular plans for the day. Everyone has been taking a break from Sunday dinners, but I guess everyone was missing it, because we all wound up back at Mom's for, as Mom put it, "an impromptu" dinner. You can't tell it, by looking at the photos, I don't think.

There was meatloaf....

fried chicken...

crockpot chicken in barbecue sauce...

Mac & Cheese and vegetable lasagna(Stouffer's)...

green beans...

potato wedges...

broccoli....

corn....

salad, two actually, one didn't make the photo shoot....

diced tomatoes for the salad...

and rolls.

I loaded up my plate with vegetable lasagna, green beans, a roll, & salad w/ tomatoes, plus some fresh broccoli and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yum!

There was more apple cake for dessert.

I also threw together a quick cherry cobbler.

My favorite quick and easy cobbler recipe. We use to make this almost every time we went camping. It's one you won't need a recipe card for. It's pretty easy to remember with just a few ingredients. Most people already have the ingredients in their kitchen. Just grab your favorite fruit and an hour later you'll have dessert. What's your favorite quick & easy recipe?

I like the corners.

Dinner #2 was made from salad #2. I added some broccoli, tomato, and onion.

I topped it with Caesar dressing. Love that there's big croƻtons in this one too.

We had a good day, visiting with everyone and playing with the grand babies. I was up late and got a late start this morning. I moved the email subscribers delivery time up so, that even when I'm late getting the day's post out, it still arrives the same day. I'm planning to get that straightened out and get back on schedule. Everything has been a little out of whack lately. Do you ever get off schedule? Do you have one? What's the main thing that throws you off? I'm still waiting for some comments. My what bashful bunch out there. Let me know what you're looking for. Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment